Monday 19 November 2012

Insomnia

Insomnia.. the prompter of blogposts.

What do you do when you and your 9 year old boy can't sleep? After a lot of travelling we are finally back at home today and we can't sleep. We have been trying since 9pm and just gave up.
Isn't it amazing to learn that insomnia is hereditary?

I've had insomnia for a couple of years now, have tried everything from proper sleeping tablets prescribed by a doctor to melatonin pills that leave me hungover the next day to a dose of cough mixture if I'm out of pills. I've taken to some herbal tea nowadays as insomnia doesn't strike as often this year.

One helpful thing I've gleaned from all the buddhist talks is to stop being angry and anxious when you can't sleep and just enjoy it. Let tomorrow go to hell. *shrug* Being anxious and angry isn't going to help you sleep any faster - It's just going to prolong your agony.

Just stay still, read, post some overdue blogposts, and cuddle your also insomniac son. Tomorrow will be a tough day, sure, but he'll live. I'll live too.

Sweet dreams, dear readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment