Wednesday 21 November 2012

Blue blue skies.... and what we ate!


That's the beautiful blue skies I was referring to and Perth's skyline from King's Park. So many things have changed for the place I once called home for 5 years. Boy and I had a great trip back there and totally pigged out on great food and fantastic company.



Vietnamese food is super awesome in Australia because of the good quality of meat they get. I've tried vietnamese food in Vietnam itself... still prefer the ones in Australia. This is a Bun.. a vermicelli noodle bowl with grilled pork. Its a healthy meal with lots of shredded veggies. The magic lies in the small bowl on the right. The nuoc cham. That, when poured over it turns it into an awesome meal!


This one is  a beef ball horfun. The horfun is no less silky than the ones we get in Ipoh and the broth is just heavenly. It is served with a large plate of raw bean sprouts, basil leaves and lemon wedges. Super yummy. Boy almost finished this gigantic bowl for lunch.


A roast beef dinner my beautiful girlfriend cooked for us. The roast beef was prettily pink, done just right. Along with the crunchy veggies, we wolved it all down.





We went to Sandalford wineyards and had wine tasting! I'm not much of a wine drinker but I must say they do have some easy to drink wines. The lighter ones are like grape juice and cranberry juice. Prices were super reasonable compared to what we pay in Malaysia too.


The wineyard had big sprawling grounds and the kids had a great time running around, jumping up and down and generally having a ball of a time.


This was a version of eggs benedict for a breakfast in Fremantle.. rather blah. Didn't they know that eggs benny are meant to be served on toasted english muffins? Hrmmmm



Michele's Crepes!! This was an old favourite from my uni days. We went to queue for it and then discovered that it is now manned by asians. I later found out that the business was sold a few years ago... that explains the difference in quality.

Ordered a ham cheese mushroom crepe.. I took two bites and boy had half... we gave the remaining to my girlfriend's furkids. They seemed to like it.

And for the grand finale.... we had this fantastic Italian dinner at Garganos, Claremont.


Mozzarella cheese on tomatoes drizzled with olive oil


Beef Carpaccio with Parmesan Cheese


My favourite.. fresh spaghetti in a cheese sauce with shaved black truffles and mushrooms. To die for.


Half a portion of a t-bone steak. Humongous and nicely done.


My gf's fish.. which I wasn't able to even try.... was getting seriously full by now


Veggies!


The decadent desserts trolley


My choice.... profiteroles!


We also had Fig gelato and Strawberry gelato... indeed a sumptuous meal!! I asked to roll back home but my girlfriend wouldn't leave her car there....



The fabulous sunset on our flight home...... Thanks Perth, for leaving us beautiful memories and a few additional inches on the waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment