Monday 15 April 2013

The skies are blue again!


As with the last couple of posts, things have been rather sticky readapting to many new again things in life. However, they passed. They always do. Our job is merely to hang in there, sometimes even by the skin of our teeth until it does, and maybe, just maybe, rainbows might emerge after the rain.

The young one is enjoying himself immensely in here. Ipoh is somewhat still a much better place to bring up kids as compared to the urban scene that is KL. Yes, there are a dearth of activities for both of us, but the rawness of the place somehow provides fertiliser for a healthier and happier kid. Accessibility to a swimming pool, badminton courts and a park to run in all within 5 mins drive makes it easier to add in such activities without needing to pull out the weather and traffic forecast PLUS waze to find out which roads to avoid... you KLites know what I'm talking about.

As for me? I'm adapting too. I've just had a birthday and you know how it goes, growing older. I was awfully touched by the present my little one gave me, a handmade card that thanked me for taking care of him. I'm so proud of my growing boy! Little moments like these make all the rest worthwhile.

This year I decided to shift the focus off myself and bring some joy to other people. Thus I sourced out some "homes" and proceeded to visit them. It's true what they say, when you lack empathy, just walk a while in someone elses' shoes. It's all very sobering observing those that are in need of support from society. We gain so much when we make the least bit of effort to contribute towards other people's wellbeing. It totally reframes your paradigm and you become thankful for what you have. I try to bring boy with me but I don't think he quite gets the meaning yet... However I'm going to try and come up with a more regular commitment towards a particular home and include him in the process. Here's hoping he gets something via osmosis...


No comments:

Post a Comment