Monday 11 March 2013

je suis tres fatigue


If only the road ahead is always this straight and clear, life would be nice. However, look closely and note the existence of the dark clouds on the top right corner drawing a parallel to our lives. Every good thing in life is bound to be balanced by some crappy thing somewhere.

The buddhist answer to this is to take it all in stride, as it's all the same. Well, tell that to my hunched up shoulders and stiff neck! It's tiring constantly battling with the world, juggling multiple roles and responsibilities and trying to look good while doing it? I'm getting awfully tired.. je suis tres fatigue... I'm tired of everything, the load I'm carrying seems to be getting heavier  and heavier by the minute.

We were all taught that if we studied hard and worked even harder, eventually we'll have a 'model life', good spouse, good job, 2.5 kids, a sedan or a 4wd and a nice group of friends to drink and act silly with. What happened, I wonder? Have we all, as a generation been duped about what to expect in 'adulthood?' A number of my friends are under immense stresses right now, everything from domestic maid issues to in law problems, recalcitrant spouses, stubborn kids, you name it, seems like we've got it!

It's Monday I know and the first day of the week is usually cursed with a reluctant start. But when life starts hitting you from all angles sometimes it's all you can do to even breathe.

I'm feeling helpless now.. .. reminder... count blessings and manage expectations!!! I'm going to go back under my covers and stay there until it's safe to come out... let me know then, will ya?


No comments:

Post a Comment