Thursday 9 August 2012

Homeward bound


Now that the boy's on a 3 week school break we are back in Ipoh for a while. Boy seems to enjoy just hanging around his grandparents and running around in their garden, immersing himself in the slowness that is Ipoh. Haha.. being the evil mom that I am I have arranged for daily swimming and Mandarin lessons for him. So much for a lazy vacation!

I had it all planned out with food we were going to pig out on, ranging from the hawker fare to spicy crabs and banana leaf rice (the best I've had so far). But life has other plans. As soon as we came back I ran around like a headless chicken stocking up on things, visiting the tailor, getting what I call housekeeping done. At the end of the second packed day, my body decided to protest.

I ended up alternating between shivering and feeling really warm. Smart little me decided to take a really hot bath while shivering. Boy... I lived to regret that. I got super hot below the neck. Yes.. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was radiating heat from my palms and the soles of my feet but my head didn't feel feverish at all.

Oh well, slept and slept after panadol and proceeded to just detox today with lots of water and lemon, honey and lemon and oats. Oats! That disgusting horse food! Well, when you're sick you're sick... I've also found this little gem to aid in the subsequent cooling down of the body.


This thing is foul. But I remember my grandmother steeping it in hot water and making me drink it when she deemed I was too heaty, so in the spirit of tradition since we are in Ipoh, I went out and got some. Have steeped it in hot water and downed it like a good girl. We shall report if it cures me!

Let's hope I recover fast enough to do the eating spree I was going to document here.


No comments:

Post a Comment