Tuesday 8 January 2013

Ipoh 2.0

It's funny, life...

When I moved to KL 14 months ago it was with all intents and purpose, a permanent move. We adapted to city life, enjoyed many of the delights it had to offer (mainly culinary) and met many people who touched my life.

So many things to learn... It was a tough first half of the year, but things really improved and I started enjoying my life tremendously towards the end of the year with trips and time spent with friends. However life is such whereby changes inevitably happen and I find myself back in Ipoh, lock stock and barrel with my son and maid.

We spent almost the entire Dec packing and moving. Our humble abode in Ipoh had to be touched up due to being abandoned for a year... lots of elbow grease and TLC brought it back to life. I can safely say it's now better than before...

Everything seems OK so far.. although I'm really tired from huge changes in every aspect of life.. We shall endeavour to enjoy life in here. It's interesting viewing old things with new eyes. There are things that I'm enjoying... the lack of jams in here. I swear, it takes you 5 mins to get to anywhere in town. Anywhere! However, Sunday drivers are here everyday, at 40kmph! Good local food is in every corner, and a hell lot cheaper than KL. Variety of food isn't here though, especially the international type. As I type, my Nespresso machine is still sitting dormant waiting for the milk frother to get back here so I can have my decent lattes!

Boy's enjoying himself tremendously, only the occasional whine about the lack of decent Japanese food  but school's started and I can tell he's glad to be with his old friends again.

Here's to a fantastic year in Ipoh...

Cheers

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment