Tuesday 10 July 2012

A relationship list

Relationships...

I had a recent encounter lately that got me thinking about how I view relationships and how different it is from your regular single person.

Obviously being a divorced mom gives you different insights into the whole relationship thing.
a. We've been there and done that.. there's no rush
b. We've been in pain before... we realise that no relationship is preferable to being in a screwy one.
c. My child is an absolute in my life. If you have an issue with it, its YOUR issue. Deal with it
d. It's nice to be able to sit back and chill for a while whilst someone else takes the reins for a while.
e. That said, when we accept you as one of our own, we will fight tooth and nail for you against the world.
f. Being a divorced mom doesn't mean I'm ready to jump anything that's male or married. We still have standards you know.
g. We don't like to play games. We don't have the time!! Call a spade a spade and if you're interested, good. If not, so be it. Don't waste my time, yeah?

All that said.. at the end of the day I still keep the hope that one day I will meet someone nice enough to let into my life. But before that, I'm making darned sure I can still enjoy every single bit of my life, every day, every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment